Friday, April 16, 2010

Avoid engagement right catfights if you want the job

The What Not to Wear Fashion Show recently held in Chicago attracted all sorts of blogosphere attention. I’m a person who still wears pantyhose (when I can find them in stores) so I’m not the best to comment on the overly-casual dress I see everywhere that irritates me to death. Still, isn’t this kind of weird advice to job seekers: “do not wear your engagement ring if it is large because it may anger your women interviewers and cause jealousy (and perhaps rage).” Apparently that is advice from a woman lawyer.
However, this is my favorite comment and one I kind of agree with, although I haven’t been in Express in years (it’s not for the 50-something). “Maybe you bought your suit at Express or somewhere… and you bent over to get a Danish and I can see your tramp stamp.” Click here for Above the Law’s full coverage.

1 comment:

Laura Hammargren said...

Guess I'll have to start leaving my large diamonds at home...wait...